Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spying on your children....

So we have lots of problems with Brady sneaking food when he's not supposed to be. He is so bad about it that he is not allowed downstairs unless an adult is down there. His therapist apparently has a bleeding heart because she tells us that we "can't let him go hungry." So I decided I would try it her way for a bit basically so that I could go back to her and tell her how wrong she was and that I would be going back to doing things my way. Real great parent here, huh? So she said when he wakes up at 5 am on a Saturday morning and running around like a banshee screaming "I'm hungry!" to allow him to go get himself something healthy. So Saturday morning and Sunday morning both, he was told he could go downstairs and get an apple off of the kitchen counter to eat. This is mainly in an effort to get him to leave us alone so we can sleep oh for another 3 hours or so....Anyway, both mornings we get up and there is sugar all in the pantry floor. There was no need for him to get in the pantry to get an apple, so he was sneaking in what I can only assume is handfuls of sugar. He said he spilled it while looking for a bagel. Again, he wasn't allowed to get a bagel and secondly, no where near the sugar in the pantry. So this morning I had to get up early (0530) to get ready for work. As I'm walking across the bedroom to the bathroom, I see Brady run down the hall to his bedroom. Last night I had made some little homemade turtle candy things. Brian counted them before we went to bed last night. This morning there were 2 left. Last night there 7. Brady says he did not eat them. He says the dog did it. In his defense, the dog might have. However, the dog would not have left any on the plate. And he would have knocked the plate in the floor. I know the dog. I know my kid. He's pretty much a pathological liar. So being the good parents that we are, we set up a web cam and there is apparently a website where you can set it up and it will record on motion sensor. This is going to be pretty interesting.....and next week I can go to his therapist and tell her to suck it as far as the food thing is concerned. We're going back to my way of, "There are children in 3rd world countries starving. Not you. Suck it up until I get up and that won't be until at least the sun is up." Moral of the story is this: you can spy on your kids for free....with a web cam and a computer. And then tell your kids therapist to suck it. (for the record, I really do like his therapist. I just totally disagree with her on the food thing.)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Don't knock the dog excuse completely. My parent's dog almost emptied a bowl of cookies once. They were standing outside to cool off and my mom forgot about them.
So...full open bowl of cookies( approx. 50),5 hours later only 5 cookies left. Dog and various family members walked by that bowl of cookies various times,hence no one was surprised tah tthe cookie level was sreadily getting lower. . Inquiry on my mom's part in the evening revealed that I had 5, my dad 3, my brother 4 and my mom 2. ...the dog repeatedly stole some throughout the afternoon instead of just having at them at once.