Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Duct tape diaries.....

So my sons therapist has given me several recommendations of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and ADHD support groups. I've never checked any of them out because I don't really want to go to some group, sit around in a kum-ba-ya circle and go, "Hi. My name's Amy and my kid has (insert whatever)." Not my style. So, I was talking with a friend the other day whom we will call T. I was telling T about my aversion to groups and how I really wanted to be able to just go sit down with a therapist and be all like, I really want to put duct tape over my kids mouth, duct tape kid to a chair, and shove said child in a dark room for like an hour just to get kid to shut up. I would really like to be able to tell a therapist that and have them say something like, "Well, let's see how we can manage those feelings." Instead of saying, "Um.....I need to call CPS ASAP." So my friend T goes, "I know, right!" We then proceeded to discuss her incident that involved a foot chase and wooden spoon. Not gonna say who won that foot chase....Anyway, when you have not one but two children with ADD, it makes trying to get them ready in the mornings quite a nightmare. One kid is singing the National Anthem at the top of his lungs while the other kid is screaming for the singing one to be quiet. I'm screaming for the singing one to be quiet as well which might bite me in the butt one day. Maybe I should record it like Justin Bieber's mom did and we could all become rich and famous. In between the singing there's a lot of, "Put your clothes on. Stop singing. Put your clothes on. Stop singing. Put your clothes on. Stop singing. PUT YOUR MOTHER F*&%!N CLOTHES ON! (not really on that one. I want to say that one but again, not good parenting. Just like duct taping their mouth shut isn't good parenting either. I don't know who made those rules....) Moral of my story is that if anyone out there knows a good therapist, let me know. :)

No comments: