Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Let me go check on that....

If you know me well, you know I am not a morning person. At all. My son however, hasn't gotten that memo yet. This kid apparently gets up sometime this morning when the rest of the house is still sleeping, and decides he's going to eat left over Buffalo Wild Wings. Then he decides to come back upstairs and play his harmonica and accordion while intermittently coming into my room and telling me something in a very loud, hyper voice. I still had 15 minutes before I had to get out of bed. The kid apparently had a death wish in wanting to rob me of my 15 more minutes. Then Lily ends up going to school without her teeth or hair brushed because she wanted to have a complete come apart about her shoes. Then....silence once again as I shoo them out the door to the bus. Brady had a therapy appointment today and his therapist got a big kick out of last weeks story regarding the pee and the cat...and the half nakedness. Oh, and housing came out today and fixed our garage. I had to pretend sickness as an excuse for still being in pajamas and a robe at 11 am. Not my finest moment. Anyway, this all leads us to our wonderful Jose Pepper's waitress! They seated (sat?) us at our table and our waitress immediately took drink orders and she filled that order pretty quickly. The fun part comes in when we sat there for quite a while before she took our food order. In the meantime, she took our chip bowl and said, "I'll get you some more chips." 10 minutes later she comes around (we still have no food) and asks if we need anything. We're like, "Our chips." She goes, "Oh yeah." Brian had ordered pork tamales and asked for extra sauce that comes on it. She comes back a little later and says, "the flautas do not come with any kind of sauce." Brian says, "I ordered pork tamales." She gets a confused look on her face and says, "Oh. Let me go check on your food. It should've been out by now." Ya think? She then comes back and says, "That's what I had written down. Didn't mean to bother you." We gave her a pretty good tip though because she straight up reminds me of myself during my month long stent as a waitress back in 2001. It was very short lived because I was horrible at it. :)

No comments: